The BGS School Stream app
Following a considerable review of our communications with parents, we are proud to introduce School Stream, our new app for day-to-day operational matters.
School Stream’s ‘opt-out’ model means that once you have identified the categories you wish to keep and deselected the rest, you will only receive notifications that are relevant to your son(s)/you.
The following guide will help you get started with the BGS School Stream app.
How to use the BGS School Stream App: Parents’ Guide
01. DOWNLOAD THE APP
- Download the free School Stream app from the App Store (iPhone/iPad) or Google Play (Android). For Windows Phone users, please see instructions at the bottom of this page.
- Open the app, type Brighton Grammar into the search and select the appropriate campus: Brighton Grammar – Junior School or Brighton Grammar – Secondary School.
- If more than one campus applies to you, you need to complete the customisation process for one School (campus), then add another campus and repeat the process.
To do this from within app, tap on the settings icon on the top right-hand side of the dashboard. Go to ‘Add another School’. Search for Brighton Grammar and select the campus required.
- If prompted to accept push notifications, select OK.
- Encourage your son to download the app too. We recommend doing this together.
02. CHOOSE YOUR LANGUAGE
School Stream’s default language is English. To change your preferred language:
1. Go to Settings.
2. Under GENERAL, select Translate Content and choose your preferred language.
03. CUSTOMISE YOUR NOTIFICATIONS
1. Go to the ‘hamburger’ menu (3 horizontal lines) on the top left-hand side of the dashboard.
2. Select ‘Setup Groups’.
3. Select Brighton Grammar – Junior School or Brighton Grammar – Secondary School.
4. Turn OFF all groups that do NOT apply to you.
04. YOU WILL NOW START RECEIVING UPDATES IN THE CATEGORIES YOU HAVE SELECTED
For instance, if you have a son in Year 11 Hancock who is in Senior Big Band and plays tennis and chess, you would opt OUT of all categories, EXCEPT:
BGS Secondary School
BGS SS: Year 11
SS HOUSE: Hancock
SS MUSIC: GENERAL
SS Music: Senior Big Band
SS SPORT: GENERAL
SS SPORT: Tennis
SS Programs & Activities: Chess
05. ADDITIONAL CATEGORIES WILL BE RELEASED THROUGHOUT THE SCHOOL YEAR
When categories are added, you receive notifications automatically. If they do not apply to you, you will need to turn them off.
Windows Phone users
Please follow the instructions. You will need to ‘pin’ these to the start menu or view in a browser on your phone to view School Stream content.
- Go to the browser on your phone.
- Use the following links for the various areas of the School
BGS Senior School : https://bgs.myschoolstream.net/?style=embed
BGS Middle School : https://bgsmiddle.myschoolstream.net/?style=embed
BGS Junior School and ELC : https://bgsjunior.myschoolstream.net/?style=embed
- Pin the relevant links to the home page. Follow these instructions.
Please note: notifications will not work on the Windows Phone as School Stream has not developed an app for Windows Phone.