Dust off your hands and head into the kitchen for this simple and healthy recipe with ingredients that are already in your pantry.
The Healthy Chef Teresa Cutter’s method is simple for kids to try out.
- 100 g (1 cup) rolled oats
- 75 g (1 cup) desiccated coconut
- 125 g (1 cup) wholemeal spelt flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or rapadura
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil or melted butter
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) pure maple syrup
- 2 – 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarb soda
- PREHEAT oven to 160°C fan-forced.
- COMBINE oats, coconut, spelt flour, coconut sugar and bicarb soda into a mixing bowl.
- ADD oil, maple syrup and hot water then mix well.
- DIVIDE biscuits onto baking trays, lined with baking paper.
- FLATTEN down with your fingertips.
- BAKE for 20 – 25 minutes until golden.
- COOL and enjoy.
Sharing your activity to Social Media? Make sure you tag Brighton Grammar and use #crowtherscorner