Arrival & Departure Procedures for Years 10-12
We will be operating the three main entrances to the School (the Allee Street gate, the St Andrews Street entrance via the Hall of Fame breezeway and the Tower Wing entrance, accessed from Outer Crescent). As per the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee guidelines, parents/carers will not be allowed to enter the premises, a ‘drop and go’ approach will be required.
Health and Safety
Health precautions and risk mitigation is a high priority. Discussions regarding this are continuing with staff and health professionals, in line with AHPPC guidelines. Health and safety measures include (but are not limited to):
- Before reopening, the Secondary School will be fully cleaned and staff will be briefed on health and safety best practices and protocols.
- Boys will have their temperature checked on arrival. If a boy has a temperature of 37.5 degrees or above, he will not be able to attend school. In this circumstance, siblings will also need to return home.
- Sanitiser stations will be available at each entrance to the School and boys will be required to sanitise their hands on entry and exit.
- Regular hand washing with warm water and soap will continue to be promoted.
- Hand sanitiser, disinfectant and paper towels will be available in every classroom.
- Where possible, furniture placement and learning engagements will be modified to support physical distancing.
- Cleaning of bathrooms will occur twice daily.
- High touch areas will be thoroughly cleaned regularly, including door handles.
- Drinking taps will not be accessible, boys are asked to bring their own water bottles.
- The Canteens will be closed. All students will need to bring their own food each day.
- The number of students allowed in each library at any one time will be limited.
- Street Leave will not be available for Year 12 students and the Year 12 common room will be open to limited numbers at any one time.
- Year 10-12 students will be engaged with face-to-face teaching with their teachers.
- Year 10-12 are expected to wear academic school uniform and adhere to appropriate haircuts on their return to school.
- Year 7-9 students can wear sports uniform and adhere to appropriate haircuts during Distance Learning.
- Equipment/resources used in Physical Education, Art, Music, Science and Design & Technology will be cleaned between sessions. Additional cleaning and sanitising will occur throughout the day (both indoors and outdoors).
- There will be no incursions, excursions, assemblies, chapel services or guest speakers in a face-to-face capacity for the foreseeable future.
- Recess and lunchtime breaks will provide an opportunity for boys to spend time outdoors as per normal routine.
- BGS bus services will not be in operation until further notice.