- This event has passed.
Strengths-Based Parenting workshops
Last year, 30 BGS parents took part in a series of workshops designed to introduce Strengths-Based Parenting. Feedback was extremely positive and the workshops will be offered again this year. These workshops will help parents to:
- identify strengths in themselves and their children
- harness the power of positive emotions
- understand how the brain functions at various ages
- unlock the magic of mindsets for success
- implement tested strategies to manage stress.
Some studies suggest that these strategies may inoculate children against depression and anxiety, and boost their academic achievement by as much as 11%.
The presenter, Marie McLeod, is qualiﬁed in social work, adult education and positive psychology. All parents are welcome. Resources will be provided.
Dates: 2 June, 16 June, 21 July (3 sessions)
Location: BGS Wellbeing Centre
Price: $199 per individual or $300 per couple for the series