Strong Mothers, Strong Sons
Join leading psychologist and parenting expert, Megan De Beyer's workshop
- 14 Nov 2019
- Wellbeing Centre
Join us for this Parent Workshop with leading psychologist and parenting expert, Megan De Beyer. The workshop will be held over 2 days commencing Friday, 15 November from 4-6.30pm and Saturday, 16 November from 9am-5pm.
Although there will be general information useful for parents of all boys, this workshop will have a focus on parents of teenage boys.
A light lunch and refreshments will be served. A full program can be found on Megan’s website (click the link below). Please note that you must attend both days to participate in the program. Be quick as places are limited.
This workshop, which is part-funded by the School, covers topics for mothers to unpack, such as: communication, good relationships, how to manage change, conscious parenting and dealing with your son’s emotions (including anger).
The course includes lectures, practical tips, discussions, role-plays and time for questions.
The topics covered are:
- Being a teen and the struggle for his way
- Communication – reaching him in his silence.
- A son’s demand for more freedom and a mother’s role.
- Masculinity, gender differences and testosterone defines a male.
- Good relationships with ‘self’, community and the environment.
- Sex, drugs, parties and social media – how to mentor.
- Conscious parenting – your past and present.
- Tackling boys’ emotions – your anger and his.
When: Friday, 15 November 4pm–6.30pm and Saturday, 16 November, 9.00am–5.00pm
Who: Parents of BGS Boys and also open to non-BGS parents
Where: Wellbeing Centre, Brighton Grammar
Cost: $200 for BGS parents and $250 for non-BGS parents.
Full program: Megan De Beyer Workshop
Bookings are essential