Strong Mothers, Strong Sons
This workshop is funded by the school and covers topics for mothers to unpack, such as: communication, good relationships, how to manage change, conscious parenting and dealing with your son’s emotions (including anger).
The course will run on the weekend of Saturday 4 – Sunday 5 May from 8am – 4:00pm daily, in the Wellbeing Centre at Brighton Grammar.
Free for BGS mothers, when bookings open, we’ll notify you via the Crowther eNews or you can subscribe to receive the latest news from the Crowther Centre.
The course includes lectures, practical tips, discussions, role-plays and time for questions.
The topics covered are:
- Being a teen and the struggle for his way
- Communication – reaching him in his silence.
- A son’s demand for more freedom and a mother’s role.
- Masculinity, gender differences and testosterone defines a male.
- Good relationships with ‘self’, community and the environment.
- Sex, drugs, parties and social media – how to mentor.
- Conscious parenting – your past and present.
- Tackling boys’ emotions – your anger and his.