The term that was
Time flies when you’re having fun! Much has been achieved this term across the School. In particular, it is rewarding to see all of our boys striving to get the most out of themselves in the classroom, on the stage, in the outdoors, in the playground and on the sporting field.
Finally, I thank you for your ongoing support and commitment. I wish all in the BGS community a great break and I look forward to seeing the boys back in fine fettle on Tuesday 10 October.
Here are some of the Term 3 highlights:
- Middle School and Senior School students taking on the challenges set by millennial business entrepreneur Holly Ransom to embrace life
- Listening to former AFL footballer Wayne Schwass share his experience of living with depression and anxiety and the insights and lessons he learned along the way
- Celebrating 100 days with our Prep students
- Our Year 8 students and their fathers bonding together on a weekend camp
- Year 9s undergoing Seachange experiences around the country
- Year 5 students testing out their pinball machines
- Camp experiences for Year 10 boys, on their Victorian Alpine journey or Rites of Passage retreat or Making of Men camp
- Year 6 boys touring our national capital, Canberra
- The Year 1 boys visiting Dr Swann and the Prefects in the Senior School
- Year 7 boys working in groups on fundraising projects, inspired by presentations from the Cathy Freeman Foundation and Projec10.
- Our Year 10 debaters speaking eloquently to reach the Debating Association of Victoria finals.
- Maths students from across the school tabulating success in MAV competitions
- Our Junior, Middle and Senior Chess players competing at their best with our Senior Team finishing third in the State Championships thus qualifying for the National Championships
- Our musicians and choralists performing magnificently at molto crescendo, together with Firbank Grammar School musicians and singers
- The combined Junior School production with Firbank: Beauty and the Beast
- An amazing season of winter and spring sport by all our teams
- AliBaba MD for Australia and New Zealand, Maggie Zhou speaking at the BGS Breakfast Bio
- Hosting reunions for the classes of 2002, 1997 and 1992, including reunions with Old Boys in Sydney and Brisbane
- Cementing a partnership with the Melbourne Graduate School of Education (University of Melbourne) to ensure BGS remains a leader in understanding education
- All of the BGS community coming together to compete, volunteer and/or fundraise for the fifth Connor’s Run, supporting RCD Foundation and raising over $750,000 for brain cancer research.