Friends of Music (FOM)
We are a group of parents and teachers passionate about the role of music in your son’s life and the benefits that flow from it. We are committed to providing a nurturing environment that recognises and caters for the different needs of students.
Music occupies a central place in cultural life of the School. Over 60% of the boys actively participate in music activities ranging from Choir to Orchestra to Concert Bands. BGS has over 25 Ensembles. Boys are supported in furthering their training in music, with the provision of private tuition in a wide range of musical instruments and voice; preparation for AMEB exams; and studying Music as a VCE subject up to and including Year 12.
- To raise the profile of music at Brighton Grammar School and within the wider community.
- To enrich the musical life of the boys at Brighton Grammar School.
- To provide an opportunity for parents to participate in the diverse musical life of the school.
FoM gets involved in a diverse range of activities including
- Providing refreshments, at school concerts and functions
- Providing in-house workshops for students by visiting professional musicians
- Raising funds to provide miscellaneous items for the Music School
How to get involved
If you like meeting other people, want to contribute to the school community, enjoy good company and love going to musical theatre or opera this might be the group for you! Why not come to our meeting – always informal and friendly.
We generally have three areas we need volunteers for, being Stage Crew, Library and General Committee, if you’re interested please let us know here!
You can also join the Friends of Music Facebook Group.
To find out more
Contact the BGS Music School on 8591 2258 or email email@example.com
- AGM: Wednesday 9 October
- Sunday Sessions: Sunday 17th November (subject to enough interest)
- Rehearsal Dinner: Monday 25 November
- Community Carols: Monday 2 December
Framed photos of your son
Would you like a special framed photo of your son during a school performance? Please let us know by submitting an Expression of Interest.
Congratulations to the Class of 2018!