Here you will find information and guidance about the School’s response to the current outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
If you suspect you may have the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), please call the Victorian Government dedicated hotline on 1800 675 398. Please keep Triple Zero (000) for emergencies only.
All events hosted at Brighton Grammar, where invitations are extended to parties beyond the student body and permanent staff, are registered with the Department of Jobs Precincts and Regions (DJPR).
The School undertakes strict COVIDSafe measures for each event and you can view a copy of the COVIDSafe Event Checklist here.
Frequently asked questions
What is coronavirus?
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses which may cause illness in animals or humans. Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new virus that can cause an infection in people, including a severe respiratory illness. The most recently discovered coronavirus causes coronavirus disease COVID-19.
How to stay safe and well: What you need to keep doing
- Practise good hygiene and regularly and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water or an alcohol-based sanitiser (over 60% alcohol)
- Maintain physical distancing, keep at least 1.5 metres away from others
- Wear a face mask when travelling on public transport (Secondary School students)
- Don’t go to work or school if you feel unwell
- Get tested if you feel unwell. Return home immediately and self-isolate until you receive your results
- Contact your GP or a health professional if your condition worsens.
For Chinese translations
Visit the Victorian Government’s information page for the Chinese community.