Here you will find information about the distance learning approach the School has implemented to support Teaching and Learning.
The support of our parents and families will be crucial in assisting our younger boys to navigate the online platforms, which will enable ongoing curriculum delivery.
Junior School checklist
Please find below the Junior School checklist in English and Chinese for your reference. This checklist will ensure your home is ready for the online learning we will deliver from next week.
A note on the benefits of routine to help you organise yourself
It is also essential that you respond to the request from Consent2Go in order to enable ongoing remote curriculum delivery. Please contact us if you have not received this.
ELC – support for parents and boys
- Teachers/Director of Early Learning will communicate by 8.30am on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings via email to parents and be available to respond to any questions or concerns during school hours (8.00am to 4.00pm) Monday to Friday
- Teachers will provide suggestions regarding appropriate games, activities, stories, videos and links to appropriate websites
- Long Day Care and Holiday Program will not be in operation.
Prep to Year 6 – support for parents and boys
- Homeroom teachers will communicate by 8.30am on Monday, Wednesday and Friday via email to parents and be available to respond to any questions or concerns during school hours (8.00am to 4.00 pm) Monday to Friday
- The School will send home a number of resources including your son’s online passwords/usernames (Prep-Year 6), an exercise book (Years 1-6), mental maths book (Years 1-6) and an activity book (Prep)
- This Friday, teachers will send home next week’s timetable that will provide literacy and numeracy activities plus additional specialist activities as per your son’s daily routine and timetable
- Online learning tools such as IXL Maths and English (Years 1-6), Reading Eggs (Prep and Year 1) and Essential Assessment (Years 1-6) will be utilised
- Before/After School Care and the Holiday Program will not be in operation.
In terms of access to our recommended online tools, our Prep to Year 6 boys are familiar with using these tools to enhance their learning.
During the distance learning phase, the School Psychologists will be available to provide support to students and their families. To access counselling support, please email Olivia Tims Junior School Psychologist.
During the school holiday period, the following support services may be of assistance:
Kids Helpline t: 1800 55 1800 (24/7 phone and online counselling)
Headspace Youth Mental Health Foundation t: 9076 7500 (Elsternwick) or t: 9076 9400 (Bentleigh)