Parent Support Group
The Meliora Club (formerly the Boaterie) is the oldest and one of the strongest parent support groups at BGS. Through rowing many boys and parents have forged life-long friendships.
- Provide a focal point for parents and friends at regattas for the parents and families of the boys involved in rowing
- Plan and organise social occasions to involve parents and families in the Boat Club, making the rowing experience enjoyable for the whole family
- Support BGS rowing on Regatta Days by providing boat race officials, setting up supporter’s marquees and background support for the boys.
Join the Committee
You are invited to attend the meetings of the Meliora Club. These meetings are relatively informal and include a report from the Director of Rowing, discussion of current business and planning up-coming social events.
Come to a Regatta
Standing on the edge of a lake or river, mingling with other parents in our Marquee. Watching the racing, while enjoying great company and cheering on our boys while they race. It is a very social and enjoyable day out.
Attend a function
- Sunset @ The Sheds – This event marks the beginning of a new rowing season and is held at our home on the Yarra: the Mercantile Boat Shed.
- Henley Garden Party– A fun event to be enjoyed by all parents, held in late February, includes dinner and drinks and is a great opportunity to mingle with parents of boys from all three clubs.
Please contact Campbell Roberts, President of the Meliora Club at email@example.com or 0402 154 060.