The Wicks Club is the BGS support group for Hockey and is dedicated to the celebration, promotion and development of hockey at the School. The Club is named after Mr Don Wicks, who introduced hockey to Brighton Grammar in 1961.
The Wicks Club is very fortunate in having BGS Old Boy and former Kookaburra, Travis Brooks (1998), as our club patron.
Travis represented Australia in the National Men’s Field Hockey team on 143 occasions: winning an Olympic Gold medal in 2004; Olympic Bronze in 2008, and receiving a Medal of the Order of Australia in 2005.
Travis’ patronage, support and hands-on involvement give the BGS hockey players an extra focus throughout the APS season.
The Purpose of the Club
The Wicks Club aims to
- ensure all players, at all levels, are given the opportunity to develop both their skills and their enjoyment of this fast-paced, exciting team game.
- to enhance the BGS Hockey experience and infrastructure across all three campuses of the school.
- provide support for essential hockey equipment purchases and for specialist training programs
The Wicks Club hosts functions and pitch-side events during each season, which promote a great sense of community around hockey at BGS.
Getting involved in the Wicks Club
- Become a Wicks Club Member (details below)
- Join the Committee (nominations must be received prior to the AGM, which is held in October each year)
- Become a Year Level Team Coordinator
- Provide hands-on assistance at our pitch-side events or other supporter functions
The Wicks Club is for anyone with an interest in hockey at BGS! Membership of The Wicks Club is open to all current players, current and past parents of BGS hockey players, past BGS hockey players, Old Boys, and all other supporters of BGS hockey.
Joining is easy – with a one-off membership fee:
Individual/Family Life Membership
$100 (membership includes an exclusive Wicks Club scarf)
To join the Wicks Club please contact:
Luke Stewart, email@example.com