|Opening Date:||31 July 2017|
|Closing Date:||8 September 2017|
Are you eligible to apply?
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A boy entering Year 9 or 10 in 2018, or Year 10 or 11 in 2019
- A boy without the financial means to attend the School
Selection will be based on a boy being a talented player of rugby and of good character who can demonstrate he will embrace the spirit and culture of BGS and benefit from a BGS education taking into account:
- Rugby ability
- School reports
- Demonstration of participation and contribution to the community
- The scholarship is means tested and requires parents’ financial disclosure.
Tuition fees generally between 90 to 100%. The Rugby Scholarship does not cover:
- The cost of books, stationery or uniforms
- Consolidated charges
- Discretionary charges such as overseas trips.
Boys entering Year 9 or above in 2018 or 2019
Tenures vary but generally holders are expected to complete their secondary education at BGS
Rugby Scholarship holders are expected to:
- participate fully in the school rugby program
- maintain a sound standard of academic achievement
- contribute positively and enthusiastically to school life.
Progress and contribution to school life are reviewed annually.
A Scholarship may be withdrawn if the Headmaster is not satisfied with the diligence or conduct of the holder.
The School reserves the right not to award any or all of the scholarships available.
No boy may hold more than one scholarship.
Please note, scholarship examination reports will NOT be issued to applicants. Only shortlisted boys will be contacted for interview.