|Opening date:||9 April 2018|
|Closing date:||10 May 2018|
Download here (closed).
What is Scholarship 431?
Scholarship 431 was established in June 2017 after the 2017 Annual Appeal, which aimed to raise $200,000 to fund a new means-tested scholarship. 431 donors made gifts and $424,000 was raised in just 24 hours, enabling two scholarships to be funded.
Are you eligible to apply?
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A boy currently in Year 7, 8, 9 or 10 (recipients may enter BGS at the beginning of Term 3, 2018 at earliest)
- A boy without the financial means to attend the School.
This scholarship is not open to boys who are currently attending the School.
The recipient will be a boy of fine character who can demonstrate his willingness to embrace the spirit and culture of BGS, and who will benefit from a BGS education, taking into account:
- School reports
- Demonstration of participation in and contribution to the community
- Means (the scholarship is means-tested, with parents’ financial disclosure being required at shortlist stage).
Tuition fees generally between 90 and 100%. Scholarship 431 does not cover:
- The cost of books, stationery or uniforms
- Consolidated charges
- Discretionary charges such as overseas trips.
Scholarship 431 holders are expected to complete their secondary education at BGS.
Scholarship 431 holders are expected to:
- Maintain a high standard of academic effort
- Contribute positively and enthusiastically to School life.
Progress and contribution to School life are reviewed annually.
A Scholarship may be withdrawn if the Headmaster is not satisfied with the diligence or conduct of the holder. Failure to pay fees may also lead to withdrawal. The School reserves the right not to award any or all of the scholarships available. No boy may hold more than one scholarship.