|Opening date:||When current recipient has finished school|
The Old Brighton Grammarians’ Scholarship for Citizenship and General Excellence is awarded to the son of an Old Boy of fine character and general all round ability who is/will embrace the spirit and culture of Brighton Grammar School.
Are you eligible to apply?
OBGS scholarships are available for boys entering Year 9, 10, 11 or 12 and is open to all sons of Old Boys from within the school and external from another school.
Only short-listed applicants will be invited for an interview.
Selection will be based on and will take into account some or all of the following:
- awarded to the son of an Old Boy of fine character and general all round ability who is/will embrace the spirit and culture of Brighton Grammar School
- the submission of a written piece of work outlining what Brighton Grammar means to the applicant.
All scholarships are at the discretion of the Headmaster; Scholarships will attract 25-50% remission of fees. Scholarships do not cover:
- The cost of books, stationery or uniforms
- Consolidated charge
- Discretionary charges such as overseas trips.
Boys entering Years 9 – 12
Tenures vary but generally holders are expected to complete their secondary education at BGS.
Scholarship holders are expected to:
- Maintain a high standard of achievement in the areas of endeavour for which you were awarded the scholarship
- Contribute positively and enthusiastically to School life. Progress and contribution to School life are reviewed annually.
A scholarship may be withdrawn if the Headmaster is not satisfied with the diligence or conduct of the holder. Failure to pay fees may also lead to withdrawal. The School reserves the right not to award any or all of the scholarships available. No boy may hold more than one scholarship.