|Opening date:||9 April|
|Closing date:||22 June|
Are you eligible to apply?
The Old Brighton Grammarians’ Scholarship for Citizenship and General Excellence is exclusively available for the sons of Old Boys. Applicants must be entering Year 8, 9, 10, 11 or 12 and may come from within Brighton Grammar or externally (from another school).
Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview.
Applicants will be required to:
- demonstrate that they are of fine character and general all-round ability, and willing to embrace the spirit and culture of Brighton Grammar School
- submit a written piece of work outlining what Brighton Grammar means to them.
All scholarships are at the discretion of the Headmaster. Scholarships will attract 25–50% remission of fees. Scholarships do not cover:
- the cost of books, stationery or uniforms
- consolidated charge
- discretionary charges such as overseas trips.
Tenures vary but generally, holders are expected to complete their secondary education at BGS.
Scholarship holders are expected to:
- maintain a high standard of achievement in the areas of endeavour for which they were awarded the scholarship
- contribute positively and enthusiastically to School life.
Progress and contribution to School life are reviewed annually.
A scholarship may be withdrawn if the Headmaster is not satisfied with the diligence or conduct of the holder. Failure to pay fees may also lead to withdrawal. The School reserves the right not to award any or all of the scholarships available. No boy may hold more than one scholarship.
For enquiries, please contact our Admissions Coordinator, Rebecca Darling.