|Opening date:||When current recipient finishes school|
Established in 2016 this scholarship celebrates in perpetuity the outstanding contribution made to BGS by former Headmaster of Brighton Grammar School Robert Rofe (1967-1995).
Are you eligible to apply?
The Robert Rofe scholarship is available for boys entering Year 7 to 10. This scholarship is not open to boys who are currently attending the School.
Selection will be based on all round talent and will take into account some or all of the following:
- A combination of high academic, sporting, performing arts and community service achievements
- the applicant’s ability to embrace and benefit from a BGS education
- if possible, provide an opportunity for a country boy to attend BGS
- The scholarship is means tested and requires parents’ financial disclosure.
The scholarship is means tested and requires parents’ financial disclosure.
All scholarships are at the discretion of the Headmaster; scholarships cover a percentage of the tuition fees.
Scholarships do not cover:
- The cost of books, stationery or uniforms
- Consolidated charge
- Discretionary charges such as overseas trips.
Boys entering Year 7 – 10
Tenures vary but generally holders are expected to complete their secondary education at BGS.
Scholarship holders are expected to:
- Maintain a high standard of achievement in the areas of endeavour for which you were awarded the scholarship
- Contribute positively and enthusiastically to School life. Progress and contribution to School life are reviewed annually.
A scholarship may be withdrawn if the Headmaster is not satisfied with the diligence or conduct of the holder. Failure to pay fees may also lead to withdrawal. The School reserves the right not to award any or all of the scholarships available. No boy may hold more than one scholarship.