Welcome to Paired Shares. A game for the whole family
What you need:
- Your family
- Time to talk and listen
What to do:
This is as simple as sitting down with someone in your family and sharing a few questions to invite your partner to share. Start slowly with some fun questions and then you can make up your won as you go along or chose to play this game again and again.
The trick is not to only ASK the questions but to be a good listener too.
When you have found out about each other, swap partners with someone else in your family and see how much you can remember about the person you were talking to. This is a challenge for your memory and a great way to really take an interest in each other.
Don’t worry if you forget, you can have these sharing conversations again and again.
You can also play this with family or friends via email or by writing letters if your family are far away. You might be surprised what you find out.
Here are some ideas for questions to ask but you can make up your own. Have fun.
- What is your favourite cartoon or TV show?
- What is your favourite breakfast treat?
- Do you/did you have a favourite toy?
- What is your favourite song? Can you sing it?
- Name one or more of your talents?
- What skill do you wish you had or would you like to learn?
- What is your most memorable adventure?
- What is the naughtiest thing you have ever done?
- Name a famous person you would most like to meet? What would you talk to them about?
- If you could ask God one question what would it be?
- If you could have one superpower what would it be?
- Name three of your most important values or character strengths?
- What is the funniest joke you know?
- How many languages can you say “Hello” in?
Have fun getting to know each other and remember this is about listening as carefully as you can to each other.
Sharing your activity to Social Media? Make sure you tag Brighton Grammar and use #crowtherscorner