School Stream is BGS’s primary parent communication tool for day-to-day operational matters, so it is essential that all parents download the app.
School Stream’s ‘opt-out’ model means that once you have identified the categories you wish to keep and deselected the rest, you will only receive notifications that are relevant to your son(s)/you.
At the beginning of every school year remember to reset your settings and update your preferences.
The following guide will help you get started with the BGS School Stream app.
How to use the BGS School Stream Mobile App: Parents’ Guide
01. DOWNLOAD THE APP
- Download the free School Stream app from the App Store (iPhone/iPad) or Google Play (Android). For Windows Phone users, please see instructions at the bottom of this page.
- Open the app. If prompted to accept notifications, select ‘Allow’.
- Add profile – search for ‘Brighton Grammar School’ and selected ‘Junior School’ or ‘Secondary School’. If you have sons at both schools, you will need to add both profiles.
02. CHOOSE YOUR LANGUAGE
School Stream’s default language is English. To change your preferred language:
1. Go to Settings.
2. Under GENERAL, select Translate Content and choose your preferred language.
03. CUSTOMISE YOUR NOTIFICATIONS
Swipe left on each category to choose whether you want to receive notifications push notifications for this category (or not), or remove the category altogether because it does not apply to you.
04. YOU WILL NOW START RECEIVING TAILORED UPDATES
For instance, if you have a son in Year 11 who is in Senior Big Band and plays tennis and chess, you would opt out of all categories EXCEPT:
Year 11 2020
Music: Senior Big Band
Programs & Activities: Chess
05. ADDITIONAL CATEGORIES MAY BE RELEASED THROUGHOUT THE SCHOOL YEAR
When categories are added, you receive notifications automatically. If they do not apply to you, you will need to turn them off.
For operating systems other than Android or Apple (web app)
Please follow the instructions. You will need to ‘pin’ these to the start menu or view in a browser on your phone to view School Stream content. The below links will also work from a desktop/laptop computer.
- Go to the browser on your phone/computer.
- Use the following links for the various areas of the School
BGS Secondary School : https://bgs.myschoolstream.net/?style=embed
BGS Junior School and ELC : https://bgsjunior.myschoolstream.net/?style=embed
- Pin the relevant links to the home page. Follow these instructions.
Please note: notifications and opt in specific notices will not work on platforms other than the iOS or Android mobile app.
For technical support