Category: Community

On Monday, Year 9 students from BGS and Firbank Grammar came together for the ‘Big Lunch’ with Liz Dawes to launch Go Grey in May and the RCD Birdbrain challenge, […]

• Posted in Community
  • Comments Off on Big Lunch for RCD

Over the summer, Josh Bortoloussi (OB 2020) completed the final components to attain the Gold Duke of Edinburgh Award. We hope normalities resume soon so he’ll be able to attend […]

• Posted in Community
  • Comments Off on Josh completes his Gold Duke of Edinburgh Award
  • Posted in Community
  • Comments Off on Meliora Sequamur: Autumn 2021

Three weeks ago, when Victoria went back into lockdown, we weren’t sure if this much anticipated exhibition could even go ahead. Just in time, restrictions were lifted and we enjoyed […]

• Posted in Community
  • Comments Off on Tiwi POP UP success

Of all articles written about the AFL draft, this one is special, and we’re glad it has been captured on the record. The story of BGS footy for the past […]

• Posted in Community
  • Comments Off on Archie’s nod to Will Murray

NAIDOC Week has always been about highlighting my Indigenous culture and being proud of who I am and where I am from as a Gunditjmara, Yorta Yorta and Wamba Wamba […]

• Posted in Community
  • Comments Off on Always Was. Always Will Be

Last Friday evening saw BGS Old Boy Charlie Carrington award-winning chef and owner of Atlas restaurant hit the virtual stage as special guest for the Year 7 Virtual Social Evening. […]

• Posted in Community
  • Comments Off on An evening with Chef Charlie

On Wednesday the Secondary School held a Father’s Day virtual Coffee and Chat hosted by Dr Rachel Horton with special guests Jack Clarkson (School Captain) and dad (John), along with […]

• Posted in Community
  • Comments Off on Father’s Day Coffee & Chat

Earlier this year, we ran a Bushfire Appeal raising funds for classroom and community equipment at Clifton Creek Primary School. CCPS have sent our community a big thank you, along […]

• Posted in Community
  • Comments Off on Thanks from CCPS!

Six boys from Year 7-12, and four staff members took up the challenge to sleep outdoors for this year’s Winter Appeal. While in their Zoom chat during the evening they […]

• Posted in Community
  • Comments Off on Winter Sleepout